Monday, March 22, 2010

Live in the Moment

It’s mid March. We are a quarter of the way through this new year, 2010. Where are you in your ‘resolutions’?

I am writing in hopes to inspire you. Did you set goals? If so, where are you? If not, set one! As you achieve goals, see it as a beginning to another journey or experience.

My motto in 2010 is to live more in the moment. However, my goals this year is to travel more and continue to spread the word about the importance of Body and Mind Enrichment (B ME). Along with many other people, we have had to pinch our pennies and get creative with making ends meet. My husband and I love to travel but have not been in the financial position to do so. We decided to put business and travel together. I wanted to take my Body and Mind Enrichment wellness workshops on the road and he could visit or find new accounts (he manufactures apparel). I am so proud to say, it is only March and we have successfully done the first B ME and MJR Apparel trip! I certainly plan on doing more this year!

The trip was a tremendous amount of work to put together. There were multiple cities we were visiting and coordinating the location of the workshops, promoting, making a new fresh batch of B ME products, handouts, did I mention promoting etc. During the preparatory busy times, I did my best to remember the journey. As soon as it became too overwhelming, it was time to take a break. Granted, I had deadlines, but again, I did the best I could to enjoy the ride.

My products take time, meaning the infusions take a few weeks to ‘brew’ and generate the medicinal properties. Therefore, there is alot of thinking ahead. What happened to ‘good things come to those who wait.’ We are such a convenience society. What happened before there were microwaves and fast food? There is something to be said for the brewing, cultivating, manifesting, empowering, connecting, anticipating and more. I am speaking more than just my herbal products, you know!! Such is life! Are you picking up what I’m putting down?

Jay and I deemed the trip a success but what does that mean exactly? Success was determined by our experiences. Our journey was an experience! Yes, it also helped that financially it was in our favor, but it certainly was a working vacation (alot of work before and during!). Additionally, we experienced many blessings on the trip such as seeing and staying with friends, Wii, and the weather during this bizarre winter. We also blessed the seasonal foods. We loaded up on fresh citrus - to share with our friends and also to sustain ourselves. I believe foods are grown certain times of year for powerful benefits. Maybe we needed the extra nutrients from the citrus to sustain our busy schedule, various places and possibly ‘stressing’ our body.

On the journey, I experienced time with my husband, busy-ness, business, tightness (financially and muscular since I didn’t get to exercise like on my ‘normal’ routine), cold temperatures, memories (and great ones at that!!), seeing friends and making new ones, more inspiration and awareness.

As a fitness person, I had to get creative with exercise and reminde myself how I was exercising my body and mind on this particular journey! I managed to take a nice walk in Alabama one day including hills and new surroundings. Another day, I ran up some hills after assessing them the day prior! In Kansas City, we were busy working day and night. The weather was too cold in the morning for a Florida girl to go out running, so I did my own yoga and pilates fusion, push ups and also managed to go to UMKC’s gym one day (thanks Fred!).

All in all, we did a great job of living in the moment! Be aware of each moment even during times of anticipation. If you anticipate something such as a trip, phone call, date or a presentation, you may overlook the journey in getting there. Life has so much to offer. If you are anticipating, you may miss the present moment!

I thank you for taking your time and precious moments to read these words. I hope I have enriched your body and mind.


Body and Mind Enrichment. A unique way of exercising your body and mind! www.bodyandmindenrichment.org

No comments:

Post a Comment